Sunday, May 16, 2010

30 'til 30...

30 days from today, I officially make my (not-so-grand) entrance into my 30's.

Where the LL Cool J did my twenties go?? 

In hindsight, I must say that I definitely took my twenties for granted.  The "twenty-something" life has been great, but I thought my twenties would have more to show for itself.  Maybe a small part of me thought my twenties would never end?  Yes, I know the difference between twenty-nine and thirty is minimal... but the bottom line is, being twenty-nine means you're still in your twenties, and being thirty catapults you into an entirely different category!  The days of checking the "25-29" age group box are gone.  I am now bundled into the "30-35" category... *sigh*

Looking on the brighter side of this... event, I have decided to make a bucket list of 30 things (in no particular order) that I look forward to checking off in my *ahem* thirties:

1) Get outta debt
2) Start a family (eeek!)
3) Learn a new language
4) Learn how to swim (Don't judge me! I'm from California...)
5) Leave Shokutopia... for reals.  completed July 2010
6) Work in a spa as an LMT (Licensed Massage Therapist)
7) Take the NCBTMB exam and get nationally certified in massage and bodywork
8) Go back to school and become an Acupuncturist
9) Learn how to play my guitar (Yes, I own one. No, I don't know how to play it)
10) Hike Diamond Head and Koko Head (Again, don't judge me!)
11) Buy myself a grown up desktop computer! An iMac, of course :)
12) Complete a Bikram 30 Day Challenge --the legit way
13) Document memories by scrapbooking
14) Be a frequent blogger vs. the erratic blogger that you all know and love
15) Learn how to use all the functions in Excel.
16) Transform our spare bedroom into my massage space. (YAY!)
17) Pick up archery as a hobby
18) Learn how to cook at least one dish... Really well.
19) Paint a picture and be proud enough to hang it on the wall
20) Get back into black and white photography
21) Sing karaoke in public-- sober. (Another story, another time)
22) Get rid of my old Miata and reclaim my garage!  completed July 7, 2011
23) Own a bottle of wine worth over $250
24) Finally liquidate our Cutco inventory on eBay
25) Learn how to sew more than just sewing on buttons
26) Finish "inking" my back.. Hopefully before having kids  completed December 9, 2010
27) Become better at mailing out gifts and cards
28) Add at least 2 more stamps to my passport
29) Drive a motorcycle
30) Plant and maintain a garden (even if it's just a rock garden!)

There you have it. 
My bucket list of thirty things I look forward to tackling in my... *ahem* thirties.
I won't go into detail about them now, but I'll be sure let ya'll know when I cross one of the list :)

*whew* 

This list should keep me busy in my... *gag* thirties...
It's a GOOD thing I'm giving myself 10 years to complete it...

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

4 comments:

xiumaiyuki said...

eeek...is it that soon already. Well sis, you don't look a thing close to it!!! I have to agree to no. 3 & 5 on your list. I don't know how to swim neither... Maybe we could do it together so that you're not the only oldie there! Lol. Let's get together for lunch/dinner to catch up one day. I've missed you. :)

archi.monkey said...

nice! now i feel inpired to come up with a 31 item list to complete in my 31st year... even though my year has already started.

as for excel, i think it should be learn "more" of the functions. my coworker had a book on excel over 2 inches thick. i think it'd take until well into your 40's to learn all that rubbish.

stace said...

what exactly is wrong with the miata? if its fixable...i might want it...one day...maybe

archi.monkey said...

#5 is done. congrats! one down... 29 to go!