Sunday, April 19, 2009

Index of Characters: A Mini Guide

Since I blog about life, and those who are in my life...
I have made the decision to abbreviate/nickname the names of my family and friends on my blog.

As some of you know, I am a Bay Area girl who is living in this island (Hawaii) world.. So my friends and family live mostly in one of these two locations, but I may refer to others who have chosen to venture outside those perimeters.

My blogs consist of family, friends, co-workers, and ghosts of Christmas pasts, who have all, in some way (be it positively or negatively) helped to shape the "charming, endearing, awesome and sometimes kind" person that I am today!

To make things less complicated, I have decided to put together a mini-index of those that I refer to.  I will continue to update this guide as more characters added into my adventures!

In order of appearance (for now):

  • PW:   The Hubster.  We met when I first moved to HI in 2001, and we recently got married in August 2008.  He is a cancer survivor (4yrs cancer-free! Praise God!), and an amazing cook who also hogs the television.
  • Tigger:   The (sometimes annoying) little (by one month) brother I never had.  I tend to drag him along on many of my adventures.
  • BFF:  Exactly that.  We have known each other since the 6th grade, and we talk 3-5x a year (I'm working on getting better at that).  We live in different states, different time zones, and have totally different circles of friends.  And regardless of what happens between those talks, she still knows me best. I hate and love that - all at the same time.
  • Wally:  My ever-faithful, big, ball-of-love dog.  He's a toy fox terrier/chihuahua mix, a.k.a. TACO TERRIER.  Such a character...
  • Kuya:  "Kuya" is a filipino term used as a sign of respect to an older male relative, in my case, my brother.  He's 9yrs older, and he pretty much raised me to be the charming, endearing and awesome person that I am :)  No, seriously.. I pretty much owe him my life.
  • Japapino:  My inspirational traveler who has the free spirit to pick up and go whenever he feels compelled to :)  He is Japanese and Filipino (hence the name), and he also happens to be one of my favorite gay friends.  He is a tell-it-like-it-is kinda guy, and I appreciate that.
  • Sweet D:  My fellow blogger and Shokutopia dweller. We share similar loves, such as blogging, Coca-Cola and The Wonder Years. Whatever you do, do not call her a "dork." ;)
  • Ghetto Mocha:  This guy has become my new Bikram accountability partner!  Our thoughts happen to always be on the same wavelength.  It's truly creepy how similar we are... and you know how the saying goes, "Birds of a feather..."

No comments: